Monday, February 8, 2010
hunter valley
So yesterday I went on the Hunter Valley Wine tour trip. It was a lot of fun. James, the tour guide from our blue mountain trip was the tour guide again! The first place it was called the Drayton’s or something like that. We tried about ten different wines. I tried the best wine I have ever tasted in my life. It was called Lilly and it was a white wine. They do something with the process they like stop it early or something. It basically tasted like grape juice with a side of wine. Mom would’ve loved it. Tried a lot of dry things and some red. And some ports…which is wen I decided I don’t like ports. And then some liquors. The setting was alright. It was just a room with wine everywhere and we all just sat in some chairs. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Then we went to blue tongue which people tried pallets of beers. But I don’t like beer so basically just watched them lol. Then we went to a chocolate factory store and it was alright. Then we went to another wine place and it was called something like mcgorners or something and we liked that place the best. It seemed more authentic. They brought us into a room full of barrels and they had a bar like setting and the person explaining was in the middle in front of all of us. He explained each wine. We had a really sweet sparkling wine and I liked it a lot so I bought a bottle. It was like 15 dollars. We tried red sparkling wine too which was good. And the grossest, driest, red wine I have ever tasted and it was 50 dollars a bottle. Then I asked him to try the Riesling but it wasn’t as good tasting. Then from there we tasted different cheeses. They were really good, there were some brie cheeses, sharp cheddar, and some others and then the last one looked like an herb one so I took a bunch and spread it on my cracker and then took a big daddy like bite and it was HORRIBLE. The girls around me thought the reaction was hilarious but not so much for me. It was blue cheese, the strongest blue cheese I have ever had. It kind of tasted like a really harsh goat cheese! After getting the taste out of my mouth we went inside to try other things. They had jams and oils and stuff and I tried an apple balsamic and it was realllly good. Then we went to the last wine place and it was sooo pretty. There was a gazebo and flowers and hills and hills of grapes everywhere. Definitely a beautiful place to get married. Speaking of which, apparently it’s a really popular thing for a bachelorette party to go to wine tastings and we saw a couple, one was the funniest cause it was 80’s themed and the outfits were outrageous. The place had an okay setting, it kind of just looked like a bar in a souvenir place. We tried a bunch of different stuff, none of which I liked. The last thing we tried is called dragons breathe or something like that. It’s chilli schnapps... its butterscotch schnapps with two red hot chilli peppers in it and we had to take a shot of it and o dearr... it was hotttt! We all ran for water haha. Then we took the two and a half hour bus ride back. I know my blog about this day isn’t that great but the pictures are sooo much better so keep your eyes peeled on facebook! We all took a lot of pictures! And I got to know april, Kristina, and erin a lot better and I really like them! So those are the girls in most of my pictures with me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment